LIFE
Sunday, June 03, 2007


Hmm.. went for aia sort of seminar today. Its more of networking session and know more about the company i guess. GOt this lady. She's top planner of aia for like 20 years. her speech is super zai. And i tell you. She's no one fantastic or outstanding as any other people. Her english was also in a big mess. She was speaking in rojak english and chinese. But her talk was the most fantastic.

She showed us a picture of a camel..

Baby camel: Mommy.. Y do we have long eye lashes?
Mommy cam: Cos when we're in the desert, our eye lashes enable us to look far.
Baby cam: Then y do we have such thick lips.. Its ugly
Mommy: So that went we're hungry in the desert.. We can eat catus and not poke ourself
Baby cam: Y do we have a hump on our back?
Mommy: So that you wont get thirsty in the desert.

Baby cam: So y do we need all these when we're in the zoo??
Mommy: if you don't have all these.. The zoo wont want you anymore!

Interesting story right.. Then she go on saying. We are all equipped with all the tools we need to cross the desert. Its whether we dare to cross it or not. Most people rather stay in their safty net and accept things as it is.

Most people choose to accept their work as it is even if they don't like it. For example.. if you work 9-5 everyday. most people will just complain and then continue with it. Althought we have the ability to break free.. We choose to be controlled by our bosses.

Then she went on to say.. 3 things which we can master: Time. Money. Emotion.
All these 3 are things we can control and make full use of. So we shouldnt let others determine and affect them.

She was damn comical too. She's proud of her age. 53 years old. She was comparing herself to zhang zi yi in crouching tiger hidden dragon. That blockbuster use to be a play in taiwan in 1975. She was acting as the lead that time. But she moved to singapore after that. She say that too bad she was born at that time. If not she would have been the star instead of zhang zi yi.

But she said. She's more successful than her. Because when zhang zi yi reach 53. She's damn confident that people wont be her fans anymore.

Anyway.. I was thinking of what those planners asked me.. Like what do i dream of becoming. What achievements I have. And what do I want. I think i seriously don't have anything special. I'm just any other person who will just blend in with the crowd and not stand out. And I don't really know what I want.

And i wonder if 10 years later. When i look back at my life.. Will there be any regrets?

Seriously.. When they ask me so what have you been doing in uni for last year? You know.. I thought of it.. And seriously. There's nothing great that I can talk about. What did I do? I went to school. Stay in hostel. Eat mac every alternate day. Watch tv. Study.

What have I achieve? Nothing. What do I have to talk about? Nothing.
I don't think i need anything impressive like president of blah blah club. But something different from the rest.

Shit man. I realised i'm damn no life. And i'm doing useless things which doesn't add any value to me at all. I need to do something about this man. I'm going to be a big laughing stock to tell people i have done nothing but enjoying myself and studying in uni. I need a change.

I wanna do everything a teen do in their teenage time cos we're only a teenager for once in life and I only have 1 year left as a teenager. I don't wanna look back and only be able to say i have a group of good frens. Where we all hangout together when we're free. I think i have enjoyed their company. So thats all for my teenage life?

Have i played sports? No.
Have i learnt an instrument? No.
Have i learnt anything else besides school stuff? No.
Have i found out what is my dream? No.
Do i have something which i really like to do besides slacking? No.

I find that after 1 year in uni. I feel that its draining my life away. My time have all been devoted to school and i'm just following behind the rest cos i couldn't even keep up with my work. I lost the drive which every teenager should have. The drive in life which most adults loss after working for many years.

From now onwards. I'll live life the way i want to. And not regret it. And i won't let others control my feelings anymore. The more i wait. The more time i loss.

For the past 1 year. I have been very concern with my money. I'm letting my money control me. Cos i didnt want to burden my parents with my scary bills. I worked so hard to get the money so much that i didnt do what i always wanted to do.

I should have went for YEP with ht and irene. I should have went travelling. I should have learnt something new. I should have signed up for tracking and overseas trips. I should have joint earthlink club. I should have volunteered. I should have build stronger relationships with the people around me. I should have love and pamper myself more.

Even if those things have been 3min heated decision. I would have been glad cos i've at least tried them. Now i didnt even try any of them. Shit man. I think i need to manage myself more.

--------------------------------------------------------

My filing job has become more challenging now. My boss challenged me. He ask me to propose a solution to the filing system in the company cos its in a big mess. He tell me. This is a case study which i give you. If you're a boss in future. How will you solve it? I tell you.. It didnt occur to me. But school didnt taught us the solution to this. And i have no solution for this yet.

I can tell you a simple answer. Everyone file their own way. By date or by company. By invoice number or by products. But wat if he quits and someone take over. Do you think that new person can find the documents he needs?
Then the other extreme. If you give a standard filing system. Will the people file? They wont cause its so ma fan.

I have this urge to do some research myself and find out the different ways company do their filing. Then do a proposal to my company. But then again. Its stupid cos i'm not even paid. Its just a favour that i'll do for my boss. And its alot of tough work if i really want to do it.

Maybe i should just do it. Then it'll be a great achievement for me. Shall see. Maybe i won't be quitting this job anymore. There's more than just filing that's here. I just choose to follow what is to be done and thats y my job is horribly boring.

---------------------------------------------------------

This semester will be different and i'll promise to make it as interesting as i can.

And i remember. I didn't date guys before except wenshen. And he's not even dating. Just meeting and watching movie and leaving can. Not even sending me home.

Its time for a change. I need a spice in my life.


12:24 PM
She's got style

Welcome
Welcome to easternwinds.blogspot.com
Birthday Blog

The one & only
Stacey
07/05/1987
Taurus
My Personal Dna Report

The Wants
Happy
Job
Money
New clothes

Travel Destinations
Tibet
Nepal
Udaipur
Leh
Goa
Luang Prabang
Vietnam
Taiwan
Australia
The whole world

Tag



Daily clicks
Bendini
Benjamin
Desmond
Diana
Emma
Henry
Huiling
Hui Ting
Irene
Jean
John
Josephine
Junyi
Jun Xiang
Kai Xiang
Kelvin
Ken Mun
OVE
Peiru
Samuel
Sarah
Wei Xin
Xiangmin
Xia Xue
Yeo Yang
Zhuming

Credits
Designer | Kathleen
Image | Vikifolki