HOPE
Monday, October 27, 2008


This weekends past in a blink. Basically I was hit by the news that my parents don't allow me to travel to USA. I don't understand why can't I go spend the last 2-3 months as a student to travel.

I have been pondering over this for the past few days. Should I be stubborn and go ahead with my decision. Or should I respect them and consider what they have told me.

I admit that I wasn't strong on my decision. But I may have underestimated the magnitude of this recession. The risk-taking and strong headed me has disappeared. I'm at a lost. I don't know what to do.

Called up Angeline and sms-ed tonnes of people to ask for their opinion. Some questions to ask myself.

WHY I want to go work and travel?
Because its the last time for me to travel for 2.5 months 1 go. And be within my budget of $5000. USA is the cheapest alternative out and I have most of the trip planned out since i'll be at yellowstone for 2months. It will be a place that will be very difficult to travel to next time when I enter the workforce. Not to forget, A memorable experience with my friends at one of the world's most beautiful scenery.

What are my parent's concern?
1) USA is facing recession. SO they won't have jobs for me. i.e. I'll be working fewer hours and not be getting enough tips. So $5000 may not be enough.
2) Since a lot of people don't have jobs, the country will be in chaos. It won't be nice to travel in a chaotic country.
3) And since the country will be in chaos, there will be more robbers and rapist around. Not safe.
4) The agency may collapse since many agencies collapse.
5) Yellowstone may close down. Its ridiculous but banks have closed down overnight too.
5) Daddy's company is not doing well.
6) Mummy has to close her bank account to get me the money.

Spoken to a few people here and there. And got some very good advices. Seriously. If I give up USA, what are some alternatives that I have?

I just want to spend 2.5 months overseas, within budget of $5000, with a group of friends. And to travel to a place where I won't get to enjoy on shorter trips (1-2 weeks) when I start work next time. The place doesn't really matter. Its the company and experience that I want.

Am I ready to let this yellowstone go? Am I dropping the goal have motivated me to work hard? Will I regret? Maybe I should just blame everything on the recession. Just wrong time wrong place.

I have went to the extend to get an answer from my god. Forced and bugged my parents to bring me to temple to 求 qian. In the end. Ended up with an qian which answered my question somehow.

Question: Should I go to USA?
Answer: You fear, you fret and you created trouble for yourself. You feel like a caged bird. You are indecisive. Don't be anxious. It is best to stay where you are.

Well.. This is fate I guess.I was half hoping for an off answer. Like family or marriage. Its the correct answer to my question. If god says it. Should I even consider going against it?


8:10 PM
She's got style

Welcome
Welcome to easternwinds.blogspot.com
Birthday Blog

The one & only
Stacey
07/05/1987
Taurus
My Personal Dna Report

The Wants
Happy
Job
Money
New clothes

Travel Destinations
Tibet
Nepal
Udaipur
Leh
Goa
Luang Prabang
Vietnam
Taiwan
Australia
The whole world

Tag



Daily clicks
Bendini
Benjamin
Desmond
Diana
Emma
Henry
Huiling
Hui Ting
Irene
Jean
John
Josephine
Junyi
Jun Xiang
Kai Xiang
Kelvin
Ken Mun
OVE
Peiru
Samuel
Sarah
Wei Xin
Xiangmin
Xia Xue
Yeo Yang
Zhuming

Credits
Designer | Kathleen
Image | Vikifolki