The jewel box
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I had the most tiring week every since I started work. Coffee maker to the minimal rescue every morning. I'm struggling to keep awake through the day. And it totally didn't help to be at the 25th floor, seeing dark clouds and rain droplets everyday. I need my dear bed and pillows! If I ever disappear into the toilet for 15mins, I'm taking a nap!
But amidst the pain of dragging myself to work everyday, working in a big company surely has its perks! Team event this week! My HK and UAE colleagues in town for 2 days!
We had the longest team meeting ever.. 4hrs. My butts were aching and hands were trembling after 4hrs of minutes taking. Kill me. Just kill me.
But after that, we left office for lunch at a peranakan restaurant at UIC building! Believe me, its my first time eating peranakan food ok.. Besides bangawan solo, this is my 1st. The food is like ok.. Tasted very chinese, just more spicy I suppose.
4pm was go-karting time! The girls were all feeling miserable to go go-karting cos of the smelly helmet and the aftermath of having flat and sweaty hair. The go-kart place is somewhere near NTU!
Go-kart is quite fun lar huh.. Quite fast and you can potentially do tokyo drifts if you hit the breaks damn hard round the turns. But seriously, the game is too expensive and I wouldn't try it again if I had to pay for it.


After everyone was smelly and sweaty, we went to Jewel box for dinner! HOHO! They had like lots of Christmas lightings! And even fake snow~


I had a Tuna Tataki as starter. Its like Japanese food, marinated tuna sashimi. Quite yummy and the fish is quite fresh!

My main course is something called Seafood Thermidor, its like seafood in creamy sauce! Its quite nice too! There's like soft scallops, crunchy tiger prawns and some cod fish in it. The food there is really something that I'll have a craving! Quality food at a price.
(I regretted not taking more photos cos I didn't want to fit into the "Singaporeans like to take photos of everything" in front of my bosses! Roar.. Don't know when I'll go back there again law. Shit) Anyone interested to go for another round of food at Jewel Box!? If only the mains, I think it will cost around $35-$45++.
6:24 PM$BlogItemDateTime$>
She's got style