Of friends
Saturday, November 28, 2009


I happen to surf around facebook and I noticed a friend's posting on his wall, asking people to delete him from their list of friends. Reason being, they're not his friends and no matter how hard they try to get into his inner circle, they'll never ever make it.

I contemplated for a second to see if I should help myself by doing this small favour for him. Well, maybe I did not make it into his inner circle. Maybe I didn't even try. But I still regarded him as a friend no matter what. Someone whom I was never close with but someone whom I respect and willingly be a hidden supporter.

The many degrees of friendship that we have; the ones whom we met only for a few minutes and yet remembered for a lifetime; the ones we met everyday but forgotten in a months time; the ones who have the most similar interest but never seem to click; and of course, the closer ones by all logical reasoning, seem impossible to ever come this far.

I envy people who are able to create that striking 1st impression. I envy those who are able to make others feel comfortable. I envy those who with no effort at all, be well-liked by friends and create a social circle so wide without ever compromising on the quality of friendship.

Perhaps I wasn't doing enough. But yet, what else can I do? Maybe I shouldn't ask for perfection. I'll just have to settle for that small pool of friends who have made it into my very own inner circle.


11:49 AM
She's got style

Welcome
Welcome to easternwinds.blogspot.com
Birthday Blog

The one & only
Stacey
07/05/1987
Taurus
My Personal Dna Report

The Wants
Happy
Job
Money
New clothes

Travel Destinations
Tibet
Nepal
Udaipur
Leh
Goa
Luang Prabang
Vietnam
Taiwan
Australia
The whole world

Tag



Daily clicks
Bendini
Benjamin
Desmond
Diana
Emma
Henry
Huiling
Hui Ting
Irene
Jean
John
Josephine
Junyi
Jun Xiang
Kai Xiang
Kelvin
Ken Mun
OVE
Peiru
Samuel
Sarah
Wei Xin
Xiangmin
Xia Xue
Yeo Yang
Zhuming

Credits
Designer | Kathleen
Image | Vikifolki